There is no doubt that the catering industry is competitive, sometimes that can be hard for the business but always remember that food is essential to human beings, just like homes and offices. Food plays a special role everywhere on any occasion.
For every wedding, communion, party, or event you need the best equipment to make sure you stand out next to the big number of competitors.
Here are a few tips for you to follow that will make your business the BEST:
1.- Marketing; you need to be creative with your content. Being different and thinking outside-the-box when it comes to marketing will help you be more authentic to your catering clients.
2. Tasting events; I am sure that you know how to post on social medias and send newsletters but make sure that you are the one who hosts the tasting event because this will be the way you connect with your possible clients, and they will recommend you to their friends from this moment on.
3.- Reward customer; if one of your customers talks about you with another possible client you need to them some reward to create loyalty.
4.- Make it easier; use a nice and easy software to organise your agenda, create digital BEOs, a lead form, and the ability to accept credit card payments online can empower your business.
5.- Easy menu; make sure your chef and you create a nice and easy menu. Everyone loves to have an extensive and tasty menu but simple.
Tip for you: people don’t like to eat things they don’t know, besides if they need to do it with their hands it has to be an easy bite.
Now that you know the basic tips to get and keep clients let’s talk about which catering equipment you need:
- Table materials: At a minimum, you’ll need dinner plates, bread plates, and salad plates if you’re catering a sit-down meal
- Serving equipment: you will need to serve the clients at the table so don’t forget serving trays, water pitchers, napkins, bottle openers and so on.
- Buffet equipment: You’ll need the same items if you’re serving a buffet, but placement will be different and you’ll require a few extra hands. It’s more common for items to be inadvertently dropped or broken in a buffet setting.
- Additional Items: You’ll need a whole list of practical equipment for off-premise catering as well.
Catering life is intense and everything can happen during an event, so make sure that you are ready for any tornado.
Hopefully this was helpful for you and we can not wait to see you next week 😊